Tuesday, December 28, 2004

 
I went with my brother to a rec league game at the Y. The team from TSU always plays so lazy at the beginning of games. They were down 19 at the half and down 26 with about 15 minutes to play. Then they decided to play. They made one hell of a run, but game up one basket short. The other team missed two freethrows with 10 seconds to play, but they missed two 3 pointers in the closing seconds. It was a good game though. Afterwards I came home and decided to go shoot around. I opened my new AND 1 basketball and went out to play. I hadn't played in forever, but somehow my shot never leaves me. Marlene came out and shot around with me for awhile. My left knee isn't doing so well. Hopefully if I continue to play then it will strengthen back up, but for now it's very weak. Before I left I told myself that I'd have to make 8 out of 10 free throws. I wasn't sure how long that would take me, but that was the rule I set for myself beforehand. I couldn't believe it when I started shooting them though. One after another I put up the shot and it went in. I hit five in a row and felt confident. Then 6. The seventh hit the rim twice, but still went in. After the 8th one went in I relaxed knowing I could go home. Somehow I actually sunk the last two. I used to stay out and shoot 200 or 300 free throws a night and I could never hit 10 in a row. Yet somehow after not playing in forever I manage to accomplish that. I shall have to start playing more often now along with running, sit-ups, and push-ups. Let's do this.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?