Tuesday, June 07, 2005

 
I woke up late today, which sucked, but it wasn't anything I could do about it. After taking a nap in the middle of the day for the past year, it's a little hard for me to adjust to staying up all day and having to sleep at night. When I got up I headed over to my grandmother's to help her out with a few things. Then I came home and got everything ready for work before heading to Slick Willie's to shoot pool with Pang. We played for a little over an hour then I had to take off to work. I got there and realized I was half an hour early, so I got me some food and chilled. Work was slow tonight so everybody got cut early. Except me. I couldn't get cut early tonight because I was closing. I hate how people come in at the very end then take forever looking at the menu and finally ordering about 2 minutes before we close. I got out a little before 10pm and headed to the Y for our game. I finally played near my potential tonight. I played very relaxed and aggressive. I hit my shots and got to the free throw line. I knew it was a good night when I was hitting my free throws. I had a couple silly fouls and got in foul trouble early in the second half and had to go out though, which sucked. Luckily we had a good lead. I was planning to stay out until around 5 or 6 minutes left, but the lead kept shrinking. It was down to 4 with 10 minutes left so I headed back in. I wasn't going to let us lose this game and scored 5 straight points. After that we slowed the game down and held on. They got it down to 2, but PJ hit a big 3 and we pulled away again after that to end the game. Hopefully I'll have another game near or at my potential next week.


I'm not feeling these summer school classes. I gotta get on top of them soon or I'm going to be in some real trouble.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?