Friday, July 15, 2005

Monday: Rented a Uhaul and moved most of the big furniture with the help of Marlon, Jodie, Ding, and Q. A big thanks to all of them.

Tuesday: It was back to work for me. Didn't feel like it though after having the day off and because I was exhausted from moving stuff. I worked a double and did a little moving in between shifts and then more after my night shift.

Wednesday and Thursday were basically the same thing. Work, moving, work, moving. We finally finshed getting everything moved out Thursday night around 2am. I took one last walk around the apartment before leaving. As I locked the door it hit me that I wouldn't be going back there again. Monica left in her Scion, Marlon in his Intrepid and my Momma in her Corolla. I took the cavalier around the apartment complex one last time before catching up with them on the freeway. We rode single file to our new apartment. Even though I was worn out physically and emotionally I couldn't sleep. I finally passed out around 3:45am only to wake up freezing around 5:30am. I went and found me another cover and got back to sleep.

I got up today around 7:15am to help Marlon do something with the Malibu. We tried jumping it and getting it to Autozone, but it kept dying. We finally just went to Wal-Mart and bought a new battery and changed it out. After we finished dealing with that I got me some breakfast from Chick-Fil-A and headed to work early to eat it. The owner and regional director were there today, which meant I had to do good. The regional director ran the dine-in window today. He did it a little differently, but nobody was going to tell him otherwise. Even though his method had me running back and forth all morning. I started to cramp up from so much running. But he was cool, and he complimented me on my work. I caught a few of his mistakes, which made me feel good. I came home, ate, and watched some tv before taking a nap. This past week I've been lucky if I've gotten two meals a day. Most days I only ate once. They almost didn't want me to work tonight because I had too many hours. But I made them a deal and they ended up letting me work. I could've used the night off, but I can also use the money. I closed food runner then came home and changed before going to get Taz and going to IHOP. It was good to catch up with her and I got my Funnel Cake, which was delicious. I'll definately be going back for another one soon. Now I need some sleep so I can open in the morning. I wish someone had taught me how to open, but I'll just wing it and see what happens.

It feels great to finally have internet access again.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?