Thursday, September 01, 2005

 
Today was a good day for me. I got up and got breakfast, which always helps. Spanish was good even though our professor isn't quite organized yet. Then I met up with Katherine in Harrington before our INST class. It's a class of 335 students and for some reason the professor decided to put us in groups of 5. At the end of class the TA called out all 335 names so that we could get into groups. Now we're supposed to sit with our groups, which means I don't get to sit next to who I want or where I want. Katherine and I went to McDonalds for lunch then I met up with one of my pretend sisters to buy her lunch with one of my meal plans. Math 221 today went well. I'm understanding things so far and I could actually do the problems he gave us to work at the end of class. That made my day better. For dinner, Marlene and I went over to Katherine and Erin's. We had some pork chops, mashed potatoes, and stuffing for dinner. It was all very good. Plus sweet tea, which I love. Afterwards we sat around talking and watching Fox News about Katrina. I hadn't watched the news in awhile and didn't realize how much chaos was going on. Tomorrow we're going to go try to volunteer since some of the victims were evacuated to Bryan/College Station. We'll also give blood if we can find a place. We'll see how it goes. I won't be in Austin this weekend, but that's okay. I'm having a good time here so far. Hopefully it'll stay that way.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?