Saturday, December 24, 2005

It's been a long time since I've taken the time to sit down and write, which is bad because that means I've started to keep things in again.

This past semester turned out horrible, but it's over now and I'm not going to dwell on it. I'm taking a class at HCC now, which I hate with a passion, to try to make up some ground and I'm just going to go out next semester and try to get done what needs to be done. Whatever happens happens.

Still on the subject of school, I'm very proud of Marlon for graduating from TSU with his degree in Airway Science. I'm also very proud of Marlene for finishing all her classwork. Now all she has is student teaching for a semester before she graduates in May.

December has been a bad month. It started when my grandmother had a bad fall in a funeral home parking lot where she fractured bones in her face, lost or fractured 6 teeth and had many bruises. Next up Marlon hydroplaned and crashed his car. Thankfully he came out of it with just a couple minor scratches. Then Thursday night I found out my granny in Dallas has cancer, which spread all over her body. She also has blood clots in her lung. This morning we got up and the whole family made a trip to Dallas to go visit her. We got to her hospital room and she was in there with Aunt Lois, Uncle Al, and my dad. We walked in and as usual my dad walked out. I wanted to speak to him so badly, but just couldn't find the courage to do so. Toni met us there and we all spent a couple hours with our granny. We left there and went to stop by and say hi to Uncle Tommy. While there we found out our dad had been side swiped and had been taken to the emergency room. Later we found out that luckily it was nothing too serious. They were going to do some x-rays and observe him for a bit, and that's the last we heard. We went to eat at Red Robin before stopping to see Auntie before heading out of town. I drove up to DAllas and wanted to sleep the whole way back. I slept the first part while Marlon drove, but couldn't get back to sleep after that.

Thankfully Q was up late doing stuff tonight and let me stop by, because I really didn't feel like staying in. Lauren was over there and I got to listen and join in on some interesting conversations they had. We started watching As Good As It Gets, but I started passing out so I called it a night.

I can only hope for a better day tomorrow. It's gonna be another long one, so we'll see.
oh matthew!!
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?