Saturday, January 14, 2006

 
Dallas was amazing. The funeral was beautiful. Granny's house was always where everybody met and got together for a celebration or a big dinner. And it was only fitting that this was the biggest one of all. Elyse said it right last night that when someone has lived a full life that it's not so much about being sad, but more a time to celebrate their life. This sad event brought our family together like never before. I caught up with family members that I hadn't seen in over ten years, and some that I'd never seen before. Some of us spent hours just hanging out on the front porch. I got to run around with my little cousins, play fight with them, carry them around on my back and shoulders. Got to listen to stories from my older cousins. It was truly a blessing. We all exchanged numbers and hopefully we'll all keep in touch. Uncle Tommy plans to have a huge dinner around Valentine's day to try and help keep the family together so we may be going back up for that. There's so much I want to say, but just no way I could type it all out and correctly portray the feelings I want to.

Marlon and I left Dallas around 10:30am yesterday. We got into Houston and he switched his car for Chris' truck and we immediately left for College Station. We got there and emptied my dorm room. All that's left is my refrigerator that I'm going to leave for my roommate and a bag of plastic bags. Before leaving town I ran by Pei Wei to say bye to the people that were there. I'm glad all the manager's were working so I got to say bye to them. I'm really going to miss working there. We got back around 8:30pm and unloaded everything. Now all I need to do is find some classes to take and figure out how I'm going to get around this semester.

Monica rented a 06 camry while her car's in the shop and I love it. I don't know if I can just settle for any old car now.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?